I am so sorry to the tens of you that read this that I’ve been absent. A trip to Nebraska and banning myself from the computer at nights has really put a damper on my blogging. Oh, and I’ve actually been too busy at work–the nerve!
I will present to you this gem though:
This was a list of my dream husband in (I would love to say 6th grade due to the *NSYNC references) high school at some point. My teacher mailed them back to us a few months ago and I had to laugh at several things.
1. Number 5-Likes to argue once in a while. Who would wish that in their future mate? I mean really.
2. Number 6-Enjoys dancing. I read that one and thought, “Who WAS I in high school?” The thought of going out dancing with ANYONE sounds like a nightmare come true.
3. Number 8-Older (not much) Well, considering I married someone younger than me, that was off. Although I will admit I am normally attracted to geriatric men. I’m sure I have some daddy issues…NEXT!
4. Number 12-Good Jaw-line. I’m glad I had my priorities in order. Although my husband does have a killer jaw-line.
5. Number 16-Loves to eat. Ya’ll, it took me years to get my husband to eat desserts. In fact he used to skip meals because he just forgot about them. Who does that? REALLY?! I mean if I accidentally skip lunch, I’ll eat lunch and dinner back-to-back.
6. Number 19 & 20-love music (especially boy bands) and JC Chasez! Oh. My. Gosh. I was such a dork. And the fact that I actually turned this in to a teacher! So awkward. I’m sure you all have figured out I did not marry JC. My heart is crushed.
It’s amazing how much I compromised on who I married. (Kidding honey!) When I re-read that I thought a stranger had written that list. It sounds nothing like me. And the fact that I have nothing about loving dogs on there? I must be crazy!
Do you ever go back and read old things you have written and wonder What was I thinking?
(Photo courtesy of Eric & Lauren)
Luckily, I think my compromise has worked out quite nicely.
Although, these two aren’t exactly what I had in mind when thinking of my perfect dogs!
They’re even BETTER than what I had in mind. (All together now: awwwwwww)