Nearly every morning when I drag myself onto the treadmill to get in my cardio for the day I only have one thing motivating me: Saved By The Bell. I could honestly watch that show for hours on end. I love it. I’ve also come to the realization that while on the outside Saved By The Bell seems to be a silly show for teens it really teaches you some life lessons.
I present to you…
Life Lessons I’ve Learned
Saved By the Bell…
1. If you “Put your mind to it, go for it, get down and break a sweat…” you can achieve any dream imaginable! Even starting an all girl group called The Hot Sundaes…”GET DOWN AND GO FOR IT!”
Just don’t get “Sooo excited…I’m sooo excited…I’m. so. Scarrrrrrredddddd…”
2. When making deals, say for example on class rings, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Luckily, if you have a buff friend named AC Slater, you can scam that scuz Gem Diamond and get the quality merchandise you wanted in the first place.
(Whoa ladies, look at those muscles!!)
3. If at first you don’t succeed, wait a week and you may become an expert in it. Say one week you’re in a beauty pageant and you try to sing “Blue Moon” and it’s off tune and off-key. Just wait a week or two and you could be one of the lead singers in Zack Attack! (“Friends forever…always will be friends…”)
4. Be original—never try to pass off something to be yours when it clearly isn’t. Don’t ever, EVER try to pass off a “Betsy” Crocker recipe as your own–Screech, I’m talking to you!
5. Never let a girl/guy come between you and your friends. Give it a week or two, and they’ll be long forgotten. Zack and Screech, Zack and Slater, All the girls and Mr. Tony Crane…I think they were always letting someone come between them luckily Mr. Belding was always there to mend fences.
6. And finally, never, EVER, bet the family dog in a game of poker.
How could you let Zack do that Screech?? And with Maxwell no less??
While you and I both know there’s multiple lessons learned in every episode, these are all that come to mind at the moment. If you have any you would like to add or just want to tell me how awesome I am, feel free to leave a comment.